Monday, April 14, 2014

Us

War creates money
Sell your soul for a flag and
Never get it back
"Liberate the people"
"Stop the terrorists"
The terrorists are HERE
White men just as much as anyone
Whether they wear white hoods 
or business suits
Repression of freedom
In this illusion of freedom
Structural violence
Works quietly, maliciously
Staring at the invisible enemy
Throw some paint 
Exposé
Illusion of security!
Take off your shoes,
TSA.

I have always been
in limbo. 
Neither here
nor there,
I see no division
I see no solution
When everyone wants to name
an enemy...
Wants to lay the blame 
I am not an American
I am part of the human race
I am an animal
Part of this planet
this galaxy and
this universe. 

I refuse to be
brainwashed
into your reality
Where no one is connected 
So no one can love,
not really. 

First the Mongols ravaged
and now the Americans 
who perceive themselves as more civilized 
but are the most barbaric
ripping limb from limb
They are people too
They are people too
Do you hear me, soldier? 
Do you hear me, citizen?
'They' are us.
They are people too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment