Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Dog Burned Alive

I can't even write
a poem about it 
when I cannot even breathe
through the tears
but what can I do but write
I cannot stop it 
No one ever can
We can't even escape 
When we'd have to run from our own thoughts
Because even if we get away 
We will always remember
Surrounded by all the ways 
People destroy everyone eachother everything
It clouds all else
And detracts from anything any of us could ever create
When we destroy so savagely 
Everything we love
and everything we hate
I've cut with words before but
never with a knife
and half the time I want to take the words back
I feel like I'm dying
nose bleed
cut me
deep

Papercuts 
heal me
I'll bury myself in pages
in a fortress of books they'll never find me
you'll never find me
alone here
the only place safe
in my books every day
I can feel a cancer 
growing in my stomach 
I hope I'm dying
Can't stand the humanity 
Light me aflame too
Murder me 
Burning in the night sky like
a dead star in flight
The Fight never leaves me yet
I've surrendered already, laid down like
a dog in the street
Fire heart of 
Gasoline 
Eat me Drink me Forget
anything for the sake of 
not remembering
Bleak 

No comments:

Post a Comment