Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Ce n'est pas un poème.

I am the disruption 
Break the chain love
Tied in knots like
We don't care.
We do.

Sees it in your eyes
And on your tongue
Wants to taste it, know
Where you're from and
What you're going to

Break me if that's the case
It has happened and I know
It will happen again

But I will be carried away with you
If we both so desire
We sense it and we know
But fear to speak it for
Rejection or
Lack of a better word.

So adrift are we that
Wait for moments that never come 
This is why we must break the chain
Ourselves and make fools instead
Because it is better than not knowing

A missed opportunity 
Do not waste
Time and pick ye rosebuds 
Before they wilt and whither away
Like so many hopes and grandiose 
dreams of mine
Lines gone by like dust and sand
Against the grains 

I am the wind yet
Someone must ground me
The earth that I love
Will push back and say
"Why why why"
Why does anyone do anything?
Because I love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment